Tuesday, June 30, 2009

End of the Path

Yesterday we talked with several drs regarding Landon's care. Landon is having 2 surgeries. These surgeries are the end of the line for us. If these surgeries don't help Landon have more GI function then we will be at the end, and Landon will continue only on TPN and Lipids. Landon's Liver does not handle this well, so i am not sure what will happen. This is so hard for me to swallow. But at the same time, i feel like the dr's will stop torturing him. I have agreed to these 2 surgeries as a last resort to help him, but after this if things don't help him, then we are done and we will set a pallative care plan in place for him, and just let him be a little boy for the remainder of his time .

I was am ok with this, but at the same time it is totally scaring the crap out of me, and i just can't imagine there not being anything to help him. It just isn't fair. I don't understand why this disease has to be so awful and take something like his GI system away from him. So, with that said, hopefully these surgeries will be the miracle for us. I will continue to believe that it will until Landon shows me otherwise.

Ok, i need to get back to doing laundry and packing for our hospital stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment